Inaugurated in 2013, the Lhasa de Sela Youth Bursary for Excellence in Music is an annual financial award in support of young musicians who wish to further their study or practice of music. Inspired by the memory of Lhasa, this bursary is available to Sud-Ouest youth between the ages of 13 and 18.
Each of the bursaries consists of the following:
- $1000 to be used towards furthering the successful candidate’s musical aspirations. This portion is intended to be used to purchase an instrument or musical equipment.
- 5 private classes in the successful candidate’s primary instrument
- Mentoring sessions with an industry professional
- Support and access for the successful candidate to develop their own website thanks to Bandzoogle
- A 30-minute set on the Lhasa de Sela Youth Stage at the next Folk Fest
Funds for the Bursary are raised through a silent auction held during the Festival (June 15–19). Be sure to check out the selection of auction items in the merch area and join the bidding war!
Top bidders will be announced from the main stage on Sunday evening before the closing act.
Together, we can help young musicians fulfill their potential!
2015 bursary winner Noah Lambert
2015 bursary winner Ajah Richards