Our mission and vision
Folk Fest sur le canal is a volunteer-based arts organization dedicated to enriching the south-west borough of Montreal through community partnerships, presenting concerts, and perpetuating the cultural landscape of the city.
- Provide Montreal audiences programming in both official languages, featuring the finest roots and folk musicians from Canada and Quebec.
- Provide performers with an opportunity to explore their creative expression in front of appreciative audiences.
- Continue to add to the capital investment of the Lhasa de Sela Youth Bursary for Excellence in Music.
- Treat our volunteers and staff, who are the heart of our organization, with respect and care, and provide them with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Regard our sponsors as valuable members of our organization, whose support, desires, and input are honoured and sought in order to see the festival grow and flourish.
- Propagate growth of the cultural fabric and initiate economic activity in the south-west borough of Montreal, the city at large, and the region in general.